Re-Visioning Community: From down the street to around the world
2013 Young Writers’ Camps
Who Are We?
North Star of Texas Writing Project is one of 200 local sites of the National Writing Project. NSTWP partners with the University of North Texas and area districts to sustain a network of teachers, administrators, and professors who focus on improving the teaching of writing and learning throughout North Texas.
What Can We Offer?
North Star 2013 Writers’ Camps are staffed and planned by highly trained National Writing Project Teacher Consultants. These teachers will facilitate small groups in order to help each individual student improve their writing skills.
North Star Campers Will…
- Build confidence as a writer while discovering personal voice
- Participate in fun activities and strategies to promote creative thinking and growth
- Brainstorm, draft, revise, and edit in a community of writers
- Collaborate, share, and receive feedback from peers and instructors
- Explore creative approaches to Academic Writing that will assist on STAAR and SAT/ACT Writing Tests
Monday-Friday, June 17-28
PM Session: 1:30-5:00
Individual Camp Fee of $275 ($300 after April 30th) includes a writer’s notebook, supplies, camp shirt, and camp anthology. Transportation is not provided.
Registration available online www.elmstudio.co click on “classes”
Questions? contact Audrey Wilson-Youngblood at email@example.com